St. George 5th & 6th Wards Chapel

WASHINGTON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY     (Washington County, Utah)

St. GEORGE 5TH & 6TH WARDS CHAPEL

St. George, Utah

LOCATION

85 South 400 East
St. George, UT 84770


HISTORY

While Wilford Schmutz was bishop, ground for the chapel was acquired from Dan Seegmiller for $1,800.

The building had some structural issues and was closed in 2021. It was sold to the City of St. George and will be demolished in the fall of 2022 to make way for a new fire station.


PHOTOS

St. George 5th & 6th Wards Chapel
WCHS-02637   St. George 5th & 6th Wards Chapel

WCHS photos:
WCHS-03653     Aerial photo of the block in St. George with the chapel


REFERENCES

St. George 5th Ward Primary in 1950

St. George 5th and 6th Wards Bishops Recognition Day, October 29, 1978