WASHINGTON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY (Washington County, Utah)
PRICE CITY CHAPEL
Price City, Utah
LOCATIONPrice City, Utah
HISTORY[Were there two buildings, or was this all one building?]
The Price City Chapel was built in 1876. The building was used for both church and school.
In 1880, the Price Ward members bought Robert Gardner's rock home for $1,042.00. They used it to hold their church meetings and social events. They raised the money by voluntary subscriptions: Robert Gardner $75, Samuel Miles and sons $100, Archibald Sullivan and son Joseph John $100, Nephi R. Fawcett $60, and William Webb, William F. Butler, William H. Carpenter, Tarlton Blair, William Atkin, Henry Atkin, David H. Cannon, and Jonathan Platt $50 each. Others gave smaller amounts.
In 1908, the building was torn down and the rocks used to build the Wallace & Isadore Blake home across the river in Bloomington.
Robert Gardner rock house used for a church and social hall
REFERENCES"From the Green Hills of England to the Red Hills of Dixie:
The Story of William and Rachel Thompson Atkin"
Book by Reid L. Neilson
with a Forward by Susan Easton Black
See the information page.