WASHINGTON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY (Washington County, Utah)
LEEDS OLD CHURCH
LOCATIONLocated on the site of the old Rock church and school and incorporating the remains of that building.
HISTORYA new chapel was built in 1929 and 1930. It incorporated the old Rock church and school.
Some remodeling was done in 1963. The stage was closed off with a solid wall to make class rooms. The chapel was remodeled and refurnished. They put in new benches, carpeted the rostrum and aisles of the chapel, and put tiles in the rest rooms, hallways, and class rooms. One room was fixed up for the Relief Society.
This church was replaced by a new chapel in 1975.
REFERENCESWilma Cox Beal, " Leed Historical Events in Bits & Pieces", pp. 20, 68-71.
August 1996, Southwestern Printing & Publishing Co, Leeds UT.