WASHINGTON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY (Washington County, Utah)
LEEDS ROCK CHURCH AND SCHOOL
LOCATIONLocated on the site of the later churches and was integrated into the later church.
HISTORYThe Leeds rock church and school was started in the spring of 1875. The masonry, roofing, doors, and windows were completed that year and the building was used immediately. It wasn't finished until 1878.
It measured 23 feet by 36 feet.
A bell was acquired in 1877 and has quite a story that goes with it. It was installed in 1878 and was used until the building was replaced.
This church was incorporated into a new church building in 1930.
REFERENCESWilma Cox Beal, " Leed Historical Events in Bits & Pieces", p. 19-20, 25, 65.
August 1996, Southwestern Printing & Publishing Co, Leeds UT.