WASHINGTON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY (Washington County, Utah)
HURRICANE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL II
LOCATION63 South 100 West
Hurricane, UT 94737-1912
HISTORYThis school was designed by architect, L. Robert Gardner of Gardner Partnership Architects (Project Number 54-001) in 1954.
Students from the original Hurricane Elementary School started coming here in the fall of 1956.
The Washington County School District closed this school in 2009 and moved the students over to a new Hurricane Elementary School.
The City of Hurricane bought the old building with intent of tearing it down to make way for a new community center. However, there were some efforts to preserve the building and incorporate it into a larger community center complex.
[Current status ???]
REFERENCESWashington County D.U.P., " Under Dixie Sun - A History of Washington County"
pp. 407, 411-414
1978 Supplement, pp. 16