The St. George Sandstone Quarry

WASHINGTON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY     (Washington County, Utah)

THE ST. GEORGE SANDSTONE QUARRY

St. George, Utah

The St. George Sandstone Quarry is where red sandstone rock was cut, taken, and used for construction of
the St. George Tabernacle, the St. George Temple, the Old County Courthouse, the Woodward School, and many other local buildings.


LOCATION

The St. George Sandstone Quarry location

37° 7' 25.76" North Latitude,   113° 35' 34.61" West Longitude
37.1239° North Latitude,   113.5930° West Longitude
3,058 feet (930 meters) MSL


HISTORY

TBD


PHOTOS

TBD


REFERENCES

The St. George Sandstone Quarry: Bringing History to Life
    Its History, Location, and Pathway Consruction
Monograph by R. Wayne Pace, Ph.D.
For the information page, click here.

Old Sandstone Quarry: Open for Visits
by R. Wayne Pace, Ph.D., Coordinator, Quarry Project
St. George Magazine, October 2016, Pages 35-36

Sandstone Quarry Now Open for Visits
by R. Wayne Pace, Ph.D., Coordinator, Quarry Project
Southern Utah Neighbors, Issue 43, November 2016, Page 14

Stroll the Walkway to the Quarry
by R. Wayne Pace, Ph.D., Coordinator of the Sandstone Quarry Project
St. George Health & Wellness Magazine, November-December 2016, Page 91