WASHINGTON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY (Washington County, Utah)
WALTER & LEAH CANNON HOME
St. George, Utah
LOCATION108 S. Main Street (southwest corner of 100 South and Tabernacle)
St. George, UT 84770
Phone ORchard 3-3708
Plat A, Block 11, Lot 8 on the old pioneer map of St. George.
37° 6' 22.54" North Latitude, 113° 35' 1.03" West Longitude
2,718 feet MSL
Parcel Number SG-169
HISTORYAccording to Zillow, this home was built in 1924.
Yurie McFarland, the janitor at the old Dixie College, lived here before the Walter Cannon family.
At that time, H. L. Read lived in the next house to the south. He taught at Dixie College.
The South Ward Chapel was just south of him.
Then down the block on the corner was a rental house and later the Heaton store.
Across the street to the east (on the southeast corner of 100 South and Main Street) was the Leland Hafen home. He was a coach at Dixie College.
Just south of Hafen, was the Victor Sullivan home.
South of that was the Joseph Milne home.
South of that was the Dr. Wilford Reichman home.
And south of that was ??? Andrus.
On the northeast corner of 100 South and Main Street was a vacant lot and later the home of Wilford Cannon.
Walter & Leah Cannon lived here from ???? (between 1941 and 1958) to 1977.
BIOGRAPHYSee Walter Cannon.