WASHINGTON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY (Washington County, Utah)
CIVILIAN CONSERVATION CORPS (CCC) CAMP
Santa Clara, Utah
The Santa Clara CCC Camp was also known as PE-215.
LOCATIONIt is located on the hill south and across the Virgin River from Gates Lane in Santa Clara.
Approximately 37° 14' 5" North Latitude, 113° 22' 0" West Longitude.
See the map of CCC camps in Washington County.
HISTORYIt was a temporary camp charged with stopping Santa Clara River flooding.
They built the Windsor Dam on the Shivwitz Indian Reservation.
It began in 1935 and ended in 1937.
They had no permanent buildings with the enrollees being housed in tents.
REFERENCESBook: "With Picks, Shovels & Hope: The CCC and Its Legacy on the Colorado Plateau"