WASHINGTON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY (Washington County, Utah)
St. George, Utah
HISTORYEast Spring has delivered 0.6 cubic feet of water per second (cfs) consistently over the last 140 years.
Shortly after the first company of settlers arrived in St. George, William Carter dug a ditch to deliver water from East Spring to the encampment on the east side of the valley.
Early in 1862, the proposed city was surveyed and lots were selected. Ditches were dug to conduct water from the East and West Springs to those lots south of Diagonal Street and 100 North.
REFERENCESThe story of St. George water