274 South 200 West
St. George, UT 84770-3319
This house was listed for sale in the fall of 2009. MLS #09-113114.
This 1930's pioneer home was one of the last remaining granary houses in St. George, Utah.
The owners, a Landscape Architect and Photographer restored every inch of the home
in cooperation with the Utah Heritage Foundation.
The home was then eligible to be listed as a property of historic significance.
Restoration enhancements included: Claw foot tub, pedestal sink, shaker cabinets,
solid surface countertops, hickory hardwood downstairs, and original hardwood in loft and stainless appliances.
Upgrades included: Completely new wiring, new plumbing, new foundation under main house,
roof completely re-decked and roofed with architecture shingles and new elastomeric paint.
The landscape featured three water harvesting ponds that capture water and deliver it to tree roots.
Drought resistance plants were chosen for the St. George climate and wherever possible,
other natural products were substituted for concrete;
including the driveway, which was kept as it would have been in the pioneer times.
Front of the house
Back of the house
Kitchen and dining room
UHF Preservation ENEWSletters, 9/25/2009 and 10/12/2009