Daniel D. McArthur Home

WASHINGTON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY     (Washington County, Utah)

DANIEL D. McARTHUR HOME

St. George, Utah

LOCATION

159 W. Tabernacle     (sometimes 179 W. Tabernacle)
St. George, Utah
Telephone 179-J                       in the 1941 telephone book     (Mrs Estella J McArthur)
Telephone ORchard 3-2858     in the 1958 telephone book     (Mrs Estella J McArthur)
Telephone ORchard 3-2858     in the 1961 telephone book     (Mrs Estella J McArthur)
No McArthur is listed at that address in the 1972 telephone book

Plat A, Block 27, Lot 2 on the old pioneer map of St. George.

37° 6' 30.4" North Latitude,   113° 34' 47.2" West Longitude
2,747 feet MSL


HISTORY

Was built about 1870 by Daniel D. McArthur. All of Daniel's families lived in the house. The children showed the same respect to the other mothers as they did to their own mothers.

Was demolished in the early 1960s to make way for the new Washington County Courthouse, now the Washington County Administration Building.

Owners:
Daniel D. McArthur
Mrs. Estella J. McArthur


BIOGRAPHY

Daniel D. McArthur click here.


PHOTOS

Daniel D. McArthur Home
1940 photograph by Delos H. Smith

Painting of the Daniel D. McArthur Home


REFERENCES

Library of Congress, Historic American Buildings Survey, Daniel D. McArthur Home
Call Number: HABS UTAH,27-SAGEO,6-
Survey number HABS UT-11