WASHINGTON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY (Washington County, Utah)
ENTERPRISE FIRST MEETINGHOUSE
(church, school, and now museum)
LOCATION24 S. Center Street
Enterprise, UT 84725
HISTORYThis first meetinghouse in Enterprise was built in 1898 when there was only seven families in Enterprise. William H. Marshall made the bricks.
This meetinghouse was used for both the town church and school until 1913 when it was replaced by a new and bigger building.
Eventually, the building was taken over by the Pilot Peak Camp of the Daughters of Utah Pioneers for use as a museum.
This building was put on the National Register of Historic Places (#1993000410) in 1993.
In 1994, the roof was rebuilt and the chimney was removed.
Other WCHS photos:
WCHS-00716 Photo of the wood sign in front of the Pilot Peak D.U.P Museum building
WCHS-00736 Photo of the old building
Other photos on the web:
Photos from the National Register of Historic Places nomination form
REFERENCESNational Register of Historic Places, Inventory - Nomination Form