WASHINGTON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY (Washington County, Utah)
PINE VALLEY TITHING OFFICE
Pine Valley, Utah
LOCATION52 W. Main Street (at Grass Valley Street)
Pine Valley, UT 84781
37° 23' 39" North Latitude, 113° 30' 56" West Longitude
HISTORYSitting to the east of the chapel is a small tithing office, built of soft red brick in the 1880's. The structure is only one story, 16 feet by 27 feet. A "warehouse" door opens on the side. It has a gabled roof and unornamented cornices and eves. The flooring is 5" pine board. Some refinishing has occurred, but the structure is original and its exterior modified very little. With the chapel, it represents very well the early Mormon Church situation.
The Pine Valley Chapel and adjacent Tithing Office was listed on the National Register of Historic Places (#1971000859) on April 16, 1971.
Pine Valley Tithing Office (Kent Fairbanks, April 16, 1971)
Other photos on the web:
Photos from the National Register of Historic Places nomination form
REFERENCESNational Register of Historic Places, Inventory - Nomination Form