WASHINGTON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY (Washington County, Utah)
LEEDS RANGER STATION
LOCATION110 S. Main Street
Leeds, UT 84746
HISTORYThis Forest Service ranger station was built about 1912. It was across the street from the Leeds CCC Camp approximately where the Clarence Prisbey home was later built.
About 1945, Roy Hartley purchased the the ranger station and moved it to its current location at 110 S. Main Street.
After Roy died, the ranger station passed to his wife, Rose. At her death, it passed to a niece. The niece died and her husband, Usher Wilcox, is now the owner.
Leeds Ranger Station in 1995
REFERENCESWilma Cox Beal, "Leeds Historical Event in Bits & Pieces", p. 46.