Enterprise Ward Tithing Granary

WASHINGTON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY     (Washington County, Utah)

ENTERPRISE WARD TITHING GRANARY

Enterprise, Utah

LOCATION

Origionally located just to the north of the church square in Enterprise.

It is currently located in the Enterprise Pioneer Memorial Park.


HISTORY

The sign above the door indicates this was built in 1908, but the placard to the right of the door says it was 1912. It was originally located just to the north of the church square back in the days when tithing was paid in kind.

It was contructed from imported redwood built over a cement root cellar.

In 1953, it was acquired by the Normand Laub family and moved to their farm in the valley for use as a seed grain storage building.

In 1993, the Laub family donated the building to the City of Enterprise.


PHOTOS

Enterprise Ward Tithing Granary
WCHS-00725     Front of the granary
        Sign above the door of the Enterprise Ward Tithing Granary
        WCHS-00728     Sign above the door

Enterprise Ward Tithing Granary
WCHS-00726     South side of the granary
        Enterprise Ward Tithing Granary
        WCHS-0077     Back (east side) of the granary

Other WCHS photos:
WCHS-00729     Photo of the placard near the door of the Enterprise Ward Tithing Granary
WCHS-00730     Photo of the door jam detail of the Enterprise Ward Tithing Granary
WCHS-00731     Photo of the lower door details of the Enterprise Ward Tithing Granary
WCHS-00732     Photo of the corner detail of the Enterprise Ward Tithing Granary
WCHS-00733     Photo of the roof corner detail of the Enterprise Ward Tithing Granary
WCHS-00737     Photo of the old building

Other photos on the web:
TBD


REFERENCES

TBD