WASHINGTON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY (Washington County, Utah)
JAMES & LAURA ANDRUS HOME
St. George, Utah
LOCATION196 West 100 South
St. George, UT 84770
HISTORYWhen James Andrus decided to move his families to St. George from his ranch in Canaan in 1886, he acquired this lot that was originally owned by Mr. William Green. He built this house for his wife Laura. He also built a house for his other wife, Manomas, at 164 West 100 South.
BIOGRAPHYJames Andrus was known as the cattle baron of southern Utah. He was a pioneer, indian fighter, bishop, businessman, statesman, and accomplished equestrian.
Laura Andrus TBD.
REFERENCESLandmark and Historic Sites: City of St. George, pp. 18-1 through 18-3.