WASHINGTON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY (Washington County, Utah)
GEORGE H. WOOD HOME
LOCATION86 North 200 West (now 36 North ???)
Telephone MEdford 3-2256 in the 1958 telephone book (Erwin Roy Wood)
Telephone MEdford 5-2727 in the 1961 telephone book (Wiliam Erwin Wood)
Telephone 635-2945 in the 1972 telephone book (Wiliam Erwin Wood)
HISTORYIn 1915, George H. Wood, along with his brothers and sisters, moved this home from its location in Grafton to a lot on the northeast corner of State Street and 2nd West in Hurricane.
Around 1945, the lot was split and Orval Hafen bought the corner lot for a gas station and cafe. The old house was moved to the back lot and turned to face 2nd West. A new kitchen and living room were added on the front, Plumbing and a bath were added in the old part.
George H. Wood
BIOGRAPHYGeorge H. Wood click here
Other WCHS photos:
WCHS-02399 Photo of the George H. Wood home in Hurricane in the 1950's
WCHS-02402 Aerial photo of the area around the George H. Wood home in Hurricane
REFERENCESThe John Nennial and Martha Wood Family Memories of the House