WASHINGTON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY (Washington County, Utah)
CITY OF ENOCH HOME
St. George, Utah
LOCATION490 South 100 East
St. George, UT 84770
Plat C, Block 10, Lot 1 of the St. George City Survey.
37° 6' xx.xx" North Latitude, 113° 35' xx.xx" West Longitude
2,xxx feet MSL
Tax ID# SG-XXX-x-x-x
DESCRIPTIONThe lot was one acre.
Black lava rock was used for the foundation.
The house was built of adobe brick. The original walls are 16 inches thick.
The original house had four bedrooms, a kitchen, and a living room. The second story addition consisting of four bedrooms, a bathroom, and a sitting room.
HISTORYThis house was built in 1917-1918 by and for the people of Enoch. The house was dedicated for the use of people from Enoch to come down to St. George and do their temple work. It was also used to store the temple archives.
The rock for the foundation was hauled from the Black Hill on the west side of St. George, the same area as the rock for the Temple foundation.
A second story was added in 1977.
City of Enoch