WASHINGTON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY (Washington County, Utah)
CHADBURN'S RANCH (aka CHAD'S RANCH)
Washington County, Utah
LOCATIONThe ranch was located on the old road (before it went through Veyo) that went over the hill north of Diamond Valley
and on the east side of Pine Valley Creek.
It was on Santa Clara Creek, about a mile or less north of the Veyo #2 power plant
This is now the south end of Brookside.
HISTORYThis is where people used to stop when traveling between St. George and
Enterprise; it was about a half days journey from either place.
The original owner was a fellow name Thomas Alfred Jeffery who had a home just to the lower right part of the photo below.
The next owner was Henry Chadburn who raised 10 kids there, 8 boys and 2 girls.
Five of boys live in Veyo at one time or another.
About half of Henry's property is still in the family, but not area in the photo below.
This ranch is no longer there; it is just a pile of rubble.
It was torn down about 1920 or 1921.
Most of materials and water went to Veyo.
Thomas Alfred Jeffery
BIOGRAPHYThomas Alfred Jeffery TBD
Henry Chadburn TBD
WCHS-02614 Chad's Ranch (Chadburn's Ranch) about 1900
Other WCHS photos:
WCHS-03029 Photo of Chadburn's Ranch (Chad's Ranch) about 1902
REFERENCESVEYO Let's Talk About IT
by Heber C. Jones