WASHINGTON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY (Washington County, Utah)
37° ??' ??.??" North Latitude, 113° ??' ??.??" West Longitude
37.????° North Latitude, 113.????° West Longitude
?,??? feet MSL (??? meters MSL)
HISTORYThis building was origionally erected in 1879 as a meeting place for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 years after the first eight families were sent from New Harmony to settle the area.
The building has been restored for use as the Toquerville Town Hall. It may also be used as a museum. A wing with City Offices was built on the back. The wood floors still exist and were refinished. New wood paneling was added to the walls. Storage closets on the stage were built and all the interior was painted. The top concrete step into the front doors scoops down, giving evidence to a site that was well-used. But a modern handicap ramp has been added on the south side of the building. Outside, there is new grass on the north side, in front of the new city offices. Trees were planted and more landscaping was added.
WCHS-02639 The old Toquerville Church