WASHINGTON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY (Washington County, Utah)
ZION PARK STAKE
HURRICANE UTAH STAKE
Church of Jesus Crist of Latter-day Saints
HISTORYThe Zion Park Stake was formed on December 8, 1929 when it was split off of the St. George Stake. The Leeds Ward remained in the St. George Stake and everything east of there went to the Zion Park Stake.
A church-wide policy that went into effect on February 1, 1974 to name stakes with a city name followed by a state name. As a result, the Zion Park Stake was renamed the Hurricane Utah Stake.
REFERENCESHistory of Santa Clara, Utah: a Blossom in the Desert
Compiled and edited by Joyce Wittwer Whittaker
Published by the Santa Clara Historical Society, 2003.