WASHINGTON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY (Washington County, Utah)
ENTERPRISE UTAH STAKE
Church of Jesus Crist of Latter-day Saints
HISTORYThe Uvada Stake was formed on December 15, 1940 when it was split off of the St. George Stake. The name was a combination of Utah and Nevada.
A church-wide policy that went into effect on February 1, 1974 to name stakes with a city name followed by a state name. As a result, the Uvada Stake was renamed the Enterprise Utah Stake.
REFERENCESHistory of Santa Clara, Utah: a Blossom in the Desert
Compiled and edited by Joyce Wittwer Whittaker
Published by the Santa Clara Historical Society, 2003.