Rumell, Louis, and Afton Reber and Clifford Peterson organized the Littlefield Electric Cooperative, Inc. in 1946.
The organization of this cooperative began in 1940 when a power line was constructed to Mesquite and Bunkerville, Nevada, from Hoover Dam.
his line was extended from Mesquite to Beaver Dam and Littlefield at the same time.
However, interstate problems kept the power supply from reaching into northern Arizona communities.
Finally, through a trade with Arizona Power Authority,
the Nevada Colorado River Commission directed Overton Power District to furnish power to Littlefield.
Littlefield officially received power in March of 1952.
Littlefield Electric Cooperative, Inc. was maintained by volunteer labor by Rumell and Afton Reber until the early 1970’s.
Finally, residents signed a petition agreeing to have Littlefield merge with
Dixie Rural Electric Association in 1974.
History of the Dixie Escalante Rural Electric Association, now doing business as Dixie Power