WASHINGTON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY (Washington County, Utah)
HARMON'S GROCERY STORE
St. George, Utah
1189 East 700 South
St. George, UT 84790
37° 5' 51.7" North Latitude, 113° 33' 29.8" West Longitude
37.0977° North Latitude, 113.5583° West Longitude
2,668 feet (813 meters) MSL
HISTORYThe first Harmon's store in Washington County opened in August of 1984 on the block between 900 East and 1000 East and between Tabernacle and 100 South. That was the location of the former Gibson's Discount Center.
At some later time, Harmon's moved to a new store at 1189 East 700 South in St. George, where it is still located. The old building was sold and is now the North Plaza Building of Dixie State University.
REFERENCESHarmons History: From Fruit Stand to Super Market
History . . . the long version